Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipboard Compare breaks Excel on Windows 10 with Excel 2016

as stated in the subject line:

Clipboard Compare breaks Excel -- specifically any functionality that utilizes the clipboard.

I use excel almost every day, for hours at a time. I have been troubleshooting this for some time, including some drastic steps of removing and reloading. Just today I discovered the problem: 100% correlation.

Please fix or at the very least create some type of popup warning, this has cost me literally days worth of hours.

Hello,

Our apologies that you've hit this error. It's begun to crop up more readily after some recent Windows Updates and we're looking into it. It appears to be an issue that effects not just Beyond Compare, but most clipboard managers which use a common, Windows-provided API. Excel is locking the clipboard in a way that can conflict with this. We're working on a workaround for the next release.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I should add:

The expected error is a MS Excel dialog box that pops up and states:
      "There's a problem with the clipboard, but you can still paste your content within this workbook."

And the paste then still works when you click Ok to dismiss the dialog. If you are seeing any other behavior, please let us know.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

The Clipboard Compare issue is fixed in Beyond Compare 4.2.5.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X