Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I copy a folder over an existing one, permissions are not updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I copy a folder over an existing one, permissions are not updated?

Hello, I have this situation.
    I have on the right side some folders, and on the left side it is blank.
    I copy from right to left.
    Now, I change security settings on the right side.
    I copy again, but nothing is copied.
    So, on the left side there are still old security settings.
    Is it possible to force B.C. to copy even existing empty folders, so that it updates security settings?
    I tried also creating a file inside a folder on the right side, and then copying the folder again, but the issu is still there.

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

In the Session menu -> Session Settings, Handling tab, have you enabled "Copy NTFS file permissions" and launched BC4's shortcut by right-clicking it and selecting "Run As Administrator"?
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_ntfs
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      In the Session menu -> Session Settings, Handling tab, have you enabled "Copy NTFS file permissions" and launched BC4's shortcut by right-clicking it and selecting "Run As Administrator"?
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_ntfs
      Yes. The issue is not on the first copy, it is if I try to copy again the same folders, after I have changed the security settings on the original ones.

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Hello,

Thanks. I'm seeing the same issue when overwriting files and folders. For folders, this is actually expected behavior, but something on our wishlist to improve. For files, we'll need to investigate a bit more to see if this is a current limitation or bug. I've opened a tracker entry to look into it.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X