X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldsy
    Enthusiast
    • Nov 2007

BC 4.2.x performance issues?

Is anyone else having performance issues in BC 4.2.x? I'm on 4.2.2 currently but ever since I installed 4.2 it takes between 5 and 10 seconds to just start. Used to be pretty instantaneous. And in the sessions list if I select (not open) a session then give focus to another app, then click on another session in the list it takes ~5 seconds for BC4 to respond. Sometimes the session folder I clicked in gets collapsed and it selects a session in completely different session folder. I tried uninstalling it, but get the same results. Thanks.
  • obetz
    Expert
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by goldsy
    Is anyone else having performance issues in BC 4.2.x? I'm on 4.2.2 currently but ever since I installed 4.2 it takes between 5 and 10 seconds to just start.
    not of this kind, my BC starts immediately.

SFTP operations (compare my web server with a local copy, thousends of files) seem to be slow, but I don't know whether older versions were faster.

Oliver

Comment

• goldsy
      Enthusiast
      • Nov 2007

So I've narrowed it down to something in my old Program Options settings. I systematically reset each of the other Setting categories. Unfortunately the settings exports are binary so I can't check each of those. I went back for 4.1 and had the same problem which is interesting because I don't remember having the problem with 4.1 unless the 4.2 installer changed something that the uninstaller didn't revert and it affects 4.1 the same way. I'll just have to screenshot all of the options and try resetting them by hand.

Comment

• goldsy
        Enthusiast
        • Nov 2007

Found it. Turns out that my move to 4.2 was coincidental to our network guys changing a network path that my Shared Session File was set to. Explains why my move back to 4.1 showed no difference.

Also discovered that the bcpkg files are zips, and BC will diff them too. Should have figured... BC diffs everything.

Comment

Working...