Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting BC4 with a pair of folders and a named session

Hi,
    I defined some Comparison settings, Handling and Name Filters and saved this setup is as a session, but I left the Specs (left and right folder) explicitly empty. I now want to load this session from the command line while I also feed the folder names
    from the command line. My command would look like : BCompare.exe "C:\Left Folder" "C:\Right Folder" "My Session"

Unfortunately this is not possible. This opens a Folder Merge session that interprets the "My Session" as a folder name.

Maybe I do not understand the concept of session. Should I use a script instead? Or can I suggest using a switch for loading a named session, so that BC4 is explicitly asked to load a session?

Thanks for the great software, G

Hello,

BC4 does not support this into the graphical interface. You could update the session defaults (Home screen, expand the New folder, and edit the Folder Compare). This would then apply for any new folder comparisons.

In BC scripting, we do not show a graphical interface, but do allow you to load a session, and then load folders into it, as two separate steps:
    load "session"
    load "c:\folder1" "c:\folder2"
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"c:\report.html" output-options:html-color
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Thanks. In understand the differences and I learned scripts by now as well. I have, for instance, scripts that generates reports on the folder comparison that I give as command line parameters from the open folders in Total Commander. Of coarse everybody has his/her own use with DC4, and for me being able to specify a session and the folders, or a session and the files, -from within Total Commander- using the command line parameters seems a very useful concept. Maybe you can consider creating suport for this into BC4?

Kind regards, G

Comment

Thanks. It's something we've considered and have added to our Customer Wishlist. I preemptively tagged your request to our entry on the subject.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X