X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solstiv
    Visitor
    • May 2017

Beyond Compare 4.2.0.22302 bug: remote folder synchronization timeouts

Greetings, newest version fails to folder sync with network folder on finalization (connection timeouts) and error.
    Version 4.1.9 seems perform better and with success result.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the report. What type of network folders are you testing with (\\windowsshare\folder\? a bound x:\ drive letter)? Do you have any content comparison scans enabled?

Do you still have a Portable Install copy of BC 4.1.9 to test with as well, side by side? If not, please email us at [email protected] with a link back to this forum thread, and we can get both 4.1.9 and 4.2 on your system for testing.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• solstiv
      Visitor
      • May 2017

FTP protocol, email sent

Comment

• sferrari63
        Journeyman
        • Oct 2013

4.2 isn't working for me. I suspect I am seeing this problem, but maybe it's something different, and maybe it's specific to the Mac, but I'm using FTP and am getting timeouts and "Folder isn't loaded". Please tell me how to downgrade to 4.1.9 ASAP so I can get my work done until 4.2 is ready for prime time.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you need to rollback, please email us at [email protected] with your OS information, and we can get you the matching 4.1.9 installer.

Also, we're currently QA'ing a 4.2.1 with an applied fix for it and hope to have it out soon.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 4.2.1 is now available on our download page, it contains a fix for the macOS/Linux FTP/FTPS issue that was introduced in 4.2.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• solstiv
              Visitor
              • May 2017

Good, this update works. TA

Comment

Working...