Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare raw picture metadata

Hi Scooter Software,

how can I compare metadata (Exif, IPTC, XMP) of raw pictures, e.g. CR2?

Would a filter using Phil Harvey's ExifTool be an option?

Oliver

EXIF and IPTC metadata can be compared using our new Picture Compare in BC 4.2 beta. You can test the beta here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=beta42

The Picture and Text Compare sessions also support external conversions, if you have another command line tool you want to process and create the output to be compared.
    For an example of configuring an external conversion as part of a file format:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...rnalconversion
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      EXIF and IPTC metadata can be compared using our new Picture Compare in BC 4.2 beta
      does it handle raw images like Canon CR2?

Oliver

Comment

Hello,

The actual picture or the metadata from the picture? Our trial is fully featured, so I would recommend trying it out before purchase, and using the beta to see if our metadata handling meets your needs. We handle many RAW formats, but have had issues with some, so it is best to test with your specific files generated from your camera/device.

The Picture Compare session type can be launched from the Home screen, and the "Meta" button on the toolbar will enable if metadata is detected, and show the data on the right side in a new column.

If you have any trouble and have some example files you would like to send in, please let us know at support@scootersoftware.com and include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello Aaron,

the 4.2 beta (as portable installation) seems to work perfect with Canon CR2 including IPTC and EXIF data added with Phil Harvey's ExifTool.

Any guess about release date of the final 4.2 or stability of the beta? If the release it expected soon, I will stay with my current 4.1.9.

Oliver

Comment

The beta appears to be pretty stable. The only issue introduced in the beta that I'm aware of is a display issue on macOS when "View > Visible Whitespace" is turned on. It will be fixed in our next 4.2 release.

We don't have an official 4.2 release date set yet.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Is there any way to copy (or even edit) IPTC and EXIF data?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately no, the current view is limited to comparing and reporting. We can "copy" the text values to the clipboard, but there is no Paste or Editing available in the Picture Compare.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                X