Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP client side logging

Hi.

I'm trying to open an existing FTP profile in Beyond Compare 4.1.5 but there are no directories listed when I try to load the profile.

I remember that it was working before...

In any case, Beyond Compare doesn't indicate any detailed error messages.

According to http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_ftp, "FTP connections are logged in the panel at the bottom of the Folder Viewer window. If the log panel isn't displayed, select View | Log to turn it on." but I could not find the menu item nor the log panel.
    All I see at the bottom is "Error".

Thank you.

Originally posted by icnocop View Post
    Hi.

I'm trying to open an existing FTP profile in Beyond Compare 4.1.5 but there are no directories listed when I try to load the profile.

I remember that it was working before...

In any case, Beyond Compare doesn't indicate any detailed error messages.

According to http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_ftp, "FTP connections are logged in the panel at the bottom of the Folder Viewer window. If the log panel isn't displayed, select View | Log to turn it on." but I could not find the menu item nor the log panel.
    All I see at the bottom is "Error".

Thank you.
    Screen cap of what you are seeing would be useful if you have the bottom log showing you should see a gear on the left side gutter, click that and then set the log panel settings. FTP Trace is an option there.

Comment

Thank you.

I noticed that the log panel is not displayed when performing a "Text Compare".
      It's only displayed when performing a "Folder Compare" for example.

I can now successfully connect to an FTP server, but I can't navigate to a folder.

There are no directories listed.
      The FTP server is integrated with Microsoft IIS and the folder I want to navigate within is a virtual directory.

I tried to manually type in the directory name in the profile path as "profile:Administrator@ftp.domain.com\MyVirtualDir ectory" and "profile:Administrator@ftp.domain.com/MyVirtualDirectory" but BC4 indicated "Folder Not Available".

Comment

Hello,

The log pane is only on the Folder Compare, so to troubleshoot please start there and launch a child Text Compare if needed.

To directly connect to an FTP, the syntax is either:
        ftp://Administrator@ftp.domain.com/MyVirtualDirectory/
        or
        profile:saved profile name?MyVirtualDirectory

If you have a saved profile and refer to it with the ftp:// syntax exactly, this will work and use the saved profile and settings. Since Profiles can be saved in folders, the / syntax is used as part of designating the profile name. The ? is then the separator to initial directory.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X