Modify Text Color of Comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modify Text Color of Comments

I'm using Pete's dark background scheme, with some modifications.
    I can't figure out how to change the text color of comments - everything inside and including /* */
    I've tried this, but it doesn't do the trick:

Can it be done?
    And if so, can the color scheme be named and saved?

I'm running Win 10.
    Last edited by beauj; 08-Mar-2017, 10:54 AM.

That does update the Comment coloring, as long as the comments are equal. If there is a difference, then the difference coloring (important or unimportant) override the default coloring to help show which text is different (red or blue).

This is an option you can change, in the Options dialog, Tweaks section: Show syntax highlighting on difference lines, if you want this behavior.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, Aaron ~
      I'm getting the hang of it. I discovered that I can choose comment colors in HTML files, but not in CSS or JS files. Should I also be able to do so in .css, lines with /* */, and .js lines with // ?

Comment

Hello,

The current File Format (detected and matched by extension) is shown in the upper status bar of each pane. Do you have a CSS or JS file format defined and detected? And does this format have a "Comments" delimited grammar element defined as /* to */ or Text from // to End of Line? If the grammar element has the same name (Comment) then the coloring works across all formats, and they should have the same color as the HTML Comments.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X