No announcement yet.

Feature request - Dark theme similair to the dark theme in VS2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's something we're actively working on, but don't have news for its delivery given any road blocks we might hit. Per Zoe's comments above, we've actively worked on things that haven't made it into the release but had customers make purchasing decisions as if it was. For other users encountering this thread: any purchasing decisions should always be made given the current feature set of the current version, and not for any potential future development.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Is that your way of saying it will be in 5.x?

Comment

I would phrase it as unlikely to make it into BC4, and would say that our statements are more controlled after we had some confidence in BC3 features that then were unable to make it into that version.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Ok, thanks for the fair answer.
          (I wouldn't mind shelling out the $30 or whatever the upgrade will be.)

Comment

While we don't have anything to announce at this time, our upgrade policies are generally pretty generous, and you'd definitely want to look into what level of discount (sometimes free) applies if upgrading between major versions. We don't have a policy for BC4 to BC5, but BC2 to BC3 and BC3 to BC4 is referenced here:
            http://www.scootersoftware.com/shop....=upgradepolicy

All minor updates are free (4.x for any 4.x license).
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I would also pay for a new license just for Dark mode. I have been using BC for 3+ years now and absolutely love it, but it was the last tool in my toolchain that didn't have dark mode support and I had to switch to using something else. I'll come back once you have dark mode.

Comment

Tip: You can subscribe to specific forum threads, or the News and Announcements subforum, for email notifications. When we have something to share, we'd make a post in News and Announcements, and try to hit specific threads when we can.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

+1 !!!

Comment

+1, please :-)

I get a lot less headaches (literally) since working in dark mode wherever possible.

Comment

+1
                      It’s the only thing keeping me from purchasing a license.

Comment

+1

Comment

Please implement Dark Theme.

Comment

Thanks. Still nothing new beyond Zoe's comment above and the advice to subscribe to News and Announcements forum for email updates when we have something we can share.
                            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

+1

Note that there is a way to apply a dark theme to current Beyond Compare, on Linux, by configuring theme with KDE System Settings.

Comment

One usually asks people to keep an eye on a "News" page when one expects something new to come up in, say, days or weeks. But as far as I can tell, nothing new about the product has been posted there in half a year. How much longer are we supposed to keep our eye there?

Comment

Working...
                                X