Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Compare Same Files with Different Filenames?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

We appreciate the feedback. This option is not a small enhancement, but is something on our wishlist. Scanning by criteria requires creating the entire hash before we could display anything, so it would appear to be loading slower. Also, handling external changes (when another program makes changes to files and folders while the comparison is already loaded in BC4). It's a large change, and not one we'll likely be able to implement soon.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I see that this subject can be found in several messages, so my idea is that maybe a not complete solution, a starting point, might be to use the file size as the alignment filed.

Thank You very much and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Hello,

It's a large change, and not one we'll likely be able to implement soon.
        Very sad to read this. It seems a regular thing. How often users are renaming files, store them elsewhere and later download roughly the same files again, except for may be a dozen or so new or changed files.
        Beyond Compare should make it easy to filter the duplicate files, based on date-time or CRC needcase.

I don't know how to do this right now...

=

Comment

Working...
        X