Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [bug] Registry Parser - Scrolling long strings causes text to fade

Win7, BC4 64 bit 4.19

I have two long strings written in a Registry key in my Registry file dump - 317 characters in left window, 321 in the right. The two strings are the same up to character 300, at which point they differ.

These strings are obviously bigger than my laptop's 1600 * 900 screen allows to render, so a scroll bar is created for the line-based difference viewer at the bottom of the screen that compares the two lines.

If I view the comparison of the two strings with the Text View then there is no problem when the scroll bar is moved in either direction to show the difference point.

If I view the comparison of the two string with the Registry View and move the scroll bar then the lower string text gradually fades out to the background text box colour and it becomes invisible. Reverse horizontal scrolling doesn't revert the fade.

Thanks for the bug report. I've reproduced this behavior on Windows 7 and we'll investigate.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

The text fading during horizontal scrolling bug is fixed in Beyond Compare 4.2 beta.

Beta site: http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X