How to set ftp initial remote folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set ftp initial remote folder

I'm using BC 4.1.9 and am attempting to compare a local folder with an ftp folder. I have created an FTP Profile but am unable to set the initial remote folder in the profile. I tried adding it after the host IP address, (e.g. 192.168.4.30/usr) but that doesn't appear to work. I can connect to my ftp host via FileZilla just fine. If I have just the IP address in the Host field and click the [Connect & Browse] button, it adds an entry to the field below: ftp://username@192.168.4.30/
    But when I click on that entry I get an error saying, "Unable to load initial remote folder." Where do I enter the folder name?

Hello,

This is not part of the Profile, but part of the Session. You'll need to save the profile with just the IP address. Then, in the Folder Compare, you can load the base folder path of:
    ftp://username@192.168.4.30/usr/

This will use the saved session and set the initial directory. You can also Save Session for future use.

Adding an initial directory to the Profile itself is something on our wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Ok. I did that and it still doesn't work. It says "error opening folder". I've tried with and without the trailing "/" after "/usr".

Comment

I tried setting up an ftp profile and then in the session adding a start folder to the end of the "address". I get "folder not available".

Comment

Hello,

If you copy and paste the full syntax path from Filezilla, how is that formatted? It should be something similar to ftp://user@ip/folder/. Windows Explorer or BC4 should also be able to load it if pasted directly into the base folder path.

If you are still having any trouble, could we get a pair of connection logs from Filezilla and BC4 emailed to support@scootersoftware.com? We can compare/contrast to see if any other settings need to be updated in our profile. Please also include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I sent the requested information via e-mail on the 20th at 13:57 Central time.

Comment

Received and reviewing. It looks like a copy of the Filezilla log (via screenshots) but I do not see a copy of the BC4 log.

Please launch a new, blank Folder Compare.
              Then click the Browse button to Browse Using Profile.
              Select the saved Profile and click Ok (not Connect and Browse in the Quick Connect bucket).

This will begin loading the profile on one side of the comparison, and the bottom Log pane will populate with text information. Can we get a .txt copy of this (right click and Save or click the save button to the left of the log pane). Please also include your current BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export.

Let's avoid Quick Connect for now, and work with a saved BC4 Profile to determine how/why the profile is different than Filezilla's successful configuration.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X