• Show
Clear All

• trashmanl
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    1. It is possible to rename files on both sides. In the Folder Compare, left click in the center column to select files on both sides. Then use the "Actions > Rename" command. In the dialog, as long as Left Side and Right Side are checked, both sides will be renamed.

2. If files have the same names but different subfolders, turn on "View > Ignore Folder Structure". This aligns files for comparison based only on name, not on subfolder path.

Leave a comment:

• trashmanl
    started a topic Parallel Operations / Folder Renaming

Parallel Operations / Folder Renaming

Is it possible to do the following in Beyond Compare 4?

1. Do parallel operations.
    Example: I have files that have been scanned and already checked as being identical. I have a new naming scheme for these files, so I want to rename them in the same way in both locations. I would like to cut my time in half by having the files in both locations renamed at the same time. I imagine this being as follows: setting a "parallel ops" mode then picking a side, let's say left, as I move down the files on the left side, the files on the right are also renamed the same.

2. Detect identical files in differently named folders.
    Example: I'm using removable drives. Two are supposed to be identical, but sometimes they get separated. A folder gets renamed on a drive, but not the other - but they contain identical files. Would be nice to have a "folder independent" view that shows that I have the same files on each drive, even if they're not in the same folder.

If the answer for either of these is no, then I guess this is a feature request!
Working...
X