Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Compare/Merge Idea - Does it already exist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Compare/Merge Idea - Does it already exist?

I am new to BC4. Here is a feature that I would like. I would like to know if it already exists as I can't seem to find a feature that correlates.
    1. I would like to have set of folders and sub folders in the left pane.
    2. I would like to have set of folders and sub folders in the right pane.
    3. I would like to have a blank middle pane
    4. I would then like to create a path to/for the middle pane
    5. I would like to send orhan folders/files and like folder/files from the left and right panes into the middle/center pane to create a completely new entity of folders/sub folders/ and files

Do we have a possibility here? Does a form of it already exist? At the very least - can BC programmers work on it? I can get the process accomplished via 2 way compare by creating a new standalone folder but it just takes a lot longer to achieve the desired end result. Nonetheless - seems to me like a cool idea; but, then again I guess I am somewhat biased to the concept.

Thanks,
    Dekade

Hello,

There are a couple of methods to do this. The Folder Compare session can set the Display Filters to Show Orphans. You can then Expand All, and Select All Files (both on the toolbar or Edit menu). This should leave you with a selection of the files you want to copy to the "center", correct? You can then right-click and Copy To Folder and send to this third location.

BC4 Pro also has a Folder Merge session with 3 panes and a 4th output. Our center pane is always the ancestor, so it shouldn't be the destination, but the Folder Merge session can load a left, right, and Output (bottom). Then set the Display Filter to "Okay" (only orphans), and then Select All, and Merge (to output).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X