BC4 Merge Titles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC4 Merge Titles

Trying to get merge window titles working on latest BC4 (pro) on Windows, and I can't get it to do anything at all.

What I want is to have sensible titles in view to help me with merges. I am using this:

"$LOCAL" "$REMOTE" "$BASE" "$MERGED" /title1="Mine" /title2="Theirs" /title3="Base" /title4="Merge Output"

Hello,

That's exactly the order and parameters to use: title1 for left, title2 for right, title3 for center/ancestor/base and title4 for output.

What error are you seeing on screen? Are the file contents not appearing from your version control? The titles not visible?

If you test from the Windows Command Prompt, calling to bcomp.exe with a set of 4 sample files and titles, does it work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

That's exactly the order and parameters to use: title1 for left, title2 for right, title3 for center/ancestor/base and title4 for output.

What error are you seeing on screen? Are the file contents not appearing from your version control? The titles not visible?

If you test from the Windows Command Prompt, calling to bcomp.exe with a set of 4 sample files and titles, does it work for you?
      I'm never seeing any titles in the merge window, it always shows the filenames. Part of the problem is, I don't know how I might expect to see the titles. Are they inplace of the filenames?

Comment

OK, it worked correctly from the commandline, the culprit is the app I am using to generate the merge, (Atlassian Sourcetree), it's doing naughty things with the commandline, and not using it as specified, but doing "hidden stuff", not really a shock, as that client is chock full of bad behavior.

Anyway, to fix things, I had to double up on the forwardslashes....

"$LOCAL" "$REMOTE" "$BASE" "$MERGED" //title1="Mine" //title2="Theirs" //title3="Base" //title4="Merge_Output"

Comment

Hello,

Interesting. We've had customers help us with the SourceTree for OSX configuration, which does not include the /title parameters:
          http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...osx#sourcetree

If you follow a similar setup for Windows, what does SourceTree for Windows show in the file paths?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X