Play sound when finished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play sound when finished?

Can BC play a sound when when finishing comparing and / or synching? Or / and a message?

Beyond compare can open multiple tabs at once and have multiple sync ops going on at one time. Wondering if this would wind up with a lot of confusing beeps?

Comment

Our main notification is in the tab or titlebar: we'll show a percentage/progress active when transferring. When it is not present then that task is done.

We have a beep on complete for our Scripting Window, if you were running an automated sync. When launched in scripting mode, BC4 has a tiny Script window showing the log and two toggle options: Close on completion and Beep when finished.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you, Aaron,

Sorry, what is tshe scripting window?

I am not quite sure to understand correctly, sorry. How could I make BC play a sound when finishing a compare and a sync?

Thank you very much!

Comment

Hello,

Beyond Compare 4's graphical interface does not have a beep, but you can view the taskbar for the percentage.

The beep is for scripting mode, which is the automation mode run from the Windows Command Prompt, using a script.txt file that contains a series of commands. Scripting is documented in the Help file -> Using Beyond Compare -> Scripting chapter. It's designed to work with Windows Task Scheduler, for example. It would require writing the script file to perform the actions you need, and with no preview or user input it would then perform those actions when run from the command line. I don't think it's quite what you are looking for if you are already comfortable using the graphical interface, but I mention it because you may find a "Beep when finished" option, which only applies to this specific mode.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello Aaron.

Beyond Compare 4's graphical interface does not have a beep, but you can view the taskbar for the percentage.
            Yes, that's true of course, but actually that's what I would like to avoid above all when the compares / syncs last for hours / days (5 TB drive to another one). I would like to concentrate on other things and be notified immediately after BC finishes to go on using BC.

Alright, so there is no option to play a sound (or show a message popping up) in the modes I use BC.

Thank you very much
            Last edited by Donk; 26-Nov-2016, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X