Any way to use lftp as "Open With" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to use lftp as "Open With" ?

I have a local drive on left, SFTP on right.
    I want to use lftp to more quickly download files from right to left.
    Can this be done with a custom 'open with'?

Currently I have this in Open With:
    Code:
    /usr/local/bin/lftp sftp://ftp.myserver.com -u user,pass -e "pget -cn50 '%f'";exit
    It gets the correct path on the "right" ... but I need to pass the output (download) folder (left) to the command so that lftp knows where to download to.

Can this be done? Using the 'working folder' option maybe?

Hello,

If you click the down arrow dropdown next to the Open With command line definition, we list available variables. %f is the full file name, but would %n (filename) or %F (relative path + file name) work for you in this scenario?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I'm not clear on how to get the path for the matching LEFT side.

E.g., If the left path is "/Volumes/media/path/to/folder/" and the right path is "sftp://server.com/aaa/bbb/path/to/folder/", and only the RIGHT folder contains file 'xxx' ... what are variables for left path? I.e., the containing folder? Hope this makes sense.

I think I can use %f1 and %f2 to get left/right full paths, but this only seems to work when there is an item that aligns on both sides.
      Last edited by danzg; 28-Oct-2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I think I found a way ... a bit clunky ...

If I manually select the parent FOLDER on the left, and the FILE I want to download on the right, then %f1 gives me the left folder path, and %f2 gives me the right file path.

So I would add that %f1 as the download folder for the output of lftp...

Comment

Ah, I see, and yes. Sorry about that, I didn't understand your request initially. Your current workaround is the best method; we don't supply a path to the 'blank' side if there's no item selected. We have a wishlist entry on this subject, and I'll add your notes, workflow, and workaround.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X