No announcement yet.

Bug (Windows x64 version 4.1.4 build 20978) indicates CSV files are the same

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug (Windows x64 version 4.1.4 build 20978) indicates CSV files are the same

See the gist; on Windows, Beyond Compare things these files are the same.

Steps to reproduce:

1. save the files in the same directory
    2. start Windows Explorer
    3. select both files
    4. right click
    5. choose "Compare"

Expected: files show differences
    Actual: files show no differences at all

https://gist.github.com/jpluimers/df...591e0237595241

If you do this manually from Beyond Compare choosing "text compare" then you clearly see there are differences.

I know the CSV files are semi-colon separated. That's how Excel saves them on a Dutch system (where the delimiter is ";").
    If that's the issue, then Beyond Compare should be able to cope with it.

Hello,

Testing with the latest 4.1.8 release and default settings, the Table Compare finds and marks differences in this file pair on my test system, starting at around line 69: 12-09-16 05:40

I suspect you may have customized session settings or file format which are ignoring certain differences.

Could you email us with your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export?
    Please include:
    1) The BCSupport.zip
    2) A link back to the forum post
    3) pair of attached sample.csv's
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

Testing with the latest 4.1.8 release and default settings, the Table Compare finds and marks differences in this file pair on my test system, starting at around line 69: 12-09-16 05:40

I suspect you may have customized session settings or file format which are ignoring certain differences.

Could you email us with your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export?
      Please include:
      1) The BCSupport.zip
      2) A link back to the forum post
      3) pair of attached sample.csv's
      I've updated the gist at https://gist.github.com/jpluimers/df...591e0237595241 with a FormatSettings.txt output generated by https://bitbucket.org/jeroenp/beshar...e-view-default and a screenshot showing the 4.1.4 output and verified that the output is the same for 4.1.8.

I'm pretty sure FormatSettings are relevant here as I bumped into CSV parsing issues with that in the past in my own codebases.

I will mail the zip files for the 4.1.4 and 4.1.8 versions and a link back to this post.

--jeroen

Comment

Hello,

The downloaded .zip seems to to not be a valid BCSettings.xml. Would it be possible to email your BCSupport.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export) to support@scootersoftware.com ?

Please include a link back to this forum thread. If you can re-include the example.csv files, that would be helpful for us as we get to the email (and won't need to try and find/redownload from github).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X