Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    The alternate Excel format can be found in our Additional Downloads page, here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl..._moreformatsv4

This format uses your local install of Excel to perform the conversion, instead of the built-in support. Once installed, whichever is topmost in the Tools menu -> File Formats dialog is the one used automatically when you double click Excel files or make calls from the command line.

Leave a comment:

• snitey
    replied
    Originally posted by somnatic View Post
    Just got an info back from support, stating that it will probably be fixed in 4.2; in the meanwhile, one could use the Excel Extended File Format from the "More formats" section which requires a PC with Excel installed.

Thanks, I'm fine with either solution. Great support.
    Hello, I've had some issues with this issue above and have found to use the Automation Excel in .NET to open the excel file then directly save it back where B&C won't get the 'Conversion Error'. The "Excel Extended File Format from the "More formats" section" from above, where would I find this?

Currently I have a C# app that uses the BComp.exe in a command line to automate several XLSX excel files to compare against a different set. How could I use this "Excel Extended File Format from the "More formats" section" patch until hopefully it gets fixed in the 4.2 version of B&C in the command line option?

Currently I'm having some issue with the Microsoft Interop Excel DCOM and would like to strip out that functionality and directly use the file created from ClosedXML to B&C.

Leave a comment:

• somnatic
    replied
    Just got an info back from support, stating that it will probably be fixed in 4.2; in the meanwhile, one could use the Excel Extended File Format from the "More formats" section which requires a PC with Excel installed.

Thanks, I'm fine with either solution. Great support.

Leave a comment:

• ZoŽ
    replied
    Yes, please email support@scootersoftware.com with a sample file and a link back to this forum post and we'll take a look and pass it on to the developer of our Excel library if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• BC states "Conversion Error" on xlsx file generated by ClosedXml

ClosedXml is a framework for .NET to read and create Excel files. For the purpose of getting rid of any Excel references, we switched to this framework for all our Excel handling. It actually works pretty well, Excel can read those files without any issues but BC states "Conversion Error" when we compare such a file to the original Excel file. I'll send an example to support if one is needed (must not post it here).

Kind regards
    Thomas
Working...
X