21529 Suggestion - button for new session on Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21529 Suggestion - button for new session on Home

On Home Sessions, sessions under Auto-saved offer an Open button http://i.imgur.com/LLJwcy2.png .

But sessions under New don't http://i.imgur.com/jU21gjZ.png .

I suggest sessions under New offer an Open button.

Hello,

Open is hidden in this view since opened New sessions do not save in-place and instead create auto-saved or manually saved sessions below, which is different behavior than using Open on an auto-saved or manually saved session items in the list. It is possible to still open them, as this is convenient behavior and a carry-over from BC3, but this is deemphasized in the default layout to benefit new users.

Instead, you can double click the session name, right-click and open, or use the large Session buttons on the right side.

Or, if you click to Edit and Pin the Edit pane (to give a more BC3-like layout), we re-add the Open button to the interface.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Open is hidden in this view since opened New sessions do not save in-place and instead create auto-saved or manually saved sessions below, which is different behavior than using Open on an auto-saved or manually saved session items in the list.
      I can't see why the saving details should influence the presence of Open.

It is possible to still open them, as this is convenient behavior and a carry-over from BC3, but this is deemphasized in the default layout to benefit new users.
      I can't see how hiding the Open button benefits new users.

But perhaps that's because I'm not a new user :-)

Instead, you can double click the session name, right-click and open
      Got to wonder why that Open menu command isn't hidden for the same reason as the Open button is hidden.

Or, if you click to Edit and Pin the Edit pane (to give a more BC3-like layout), we re-add the Open button to the interface.
      Have done.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X