Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21575 Feature request - upgrade portable install

On Installation type

please alow upgrade of a portable install.

EDIT: Perhaps '(*) Create portable install' to the directory of an existing install delivers a fit upgrade, in which case I suggest changing Create to Create portable install' to 'Create or Upgrade portable install'.

I have many portable installs - portable only to keep the settings per-project. This increases the work for an upgrade. I'm looking forward to this need being obviated by the central installation supporting multiple settings.

Also, it still would be nice to get this of five years back http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...rtable+Install
    Last edited by chrisjj; 08-Sep-2016, 05:26 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll look into upgrading our installer. In the meantime, you can manually perform this step with
    bcsetup.exe /bc4au /silent /noicons /dir="C:\YourPortableInstallDirectory"

For other users who only have 1 or 2 portable installs, if you launch the Portable Install, select the Help menu -> Check for Updates, this will upgrade it in place.

Update: and yes, the linked forum request for process detection is still on our wishlist.
    Last edited by Aaron; 09-Sep-2016, 11:46 AM.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      In the meantime, you can manually perform this step with
      bcsetup.exe /bc4au /silent /noicons /dir="C:\YourPortableInstallDirectory"
      Thanks. I think you just let out a secret :-) \bc4au is nowhere in the Help that I can find.

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Update: and yes, the linked forum request for process detection is still on our wishlist.
      Good to hear. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X