My wish-list: create compressed archives directly inside B.C.4, specifying options.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

My wish-list: create compressed archives directly inside B.C.4, specifying options.

I would like to be able to create a compressed archive directly from B.C.4, both in interactive and in scripted mode, specifying parameters.
    It could be enough for me to start with an empty archive, created by hand, and then add files through B.C.4 (both modes).
    But, I would need to be able to specify parameters.
    For example, I created a .7z archive with one text file inside it, compressed with "PPMd32:mem16".
    Then, I added another text file inside it, but this new file was compressed with "LZMA2:12", that in the case of my text files is much less efficient (25%).
    It might be enough, at least as a first step, to keep parameters of the empty archive and use them adding files.
    Please, can You consider this for my wish-list?

Thank You very much and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you supply a folder path to a filename .zip or .7z that does not exist, when prompted to Create? it will create the .zip or .7z depending on the extension used.

To create in scripting, add the "create" flag.
    load create:right "c:\folder1" "c:\archive.7z"
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
      Veteran
      • Oct 2007

Thank You, I tested the interactive mode and I have been able create a .7z file, now the only part that I miss is the possibility to specify options, such as PPMd instead of the default LZMA2, quantity of memory to be used, and so on...

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Working...