How to show transfer speed to target drive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pxstein
    Fanatic
    • Mar 2009

How to show transfer speed to target drive?

Assume I copy (through BeyondCompare) some huge files (> 1 GB) from local drive to either external usb hard disk or a network drive.

I would like to know the (current) transfer speed (averaged over the last e.g. 10 seconds).

How can I find this out with BC?

I miss a corresponding value in the BC status bar.

Peter
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC4 exposes the estimated time of completion, but does not support showing the current transfer speed. It's on our wishlist to add this behavior.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• BeyondExpectiation
      New User
      • Apr 2021

Hello,

I just wanted to ask the same - we still have now (2022) only a time assumption, which is in dead quite - vague. (It showed me 500min, now 600min and still flipping)

So, is there any chance to have this speed shown in "near" future? :-)

Thanks Chris

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Our current development plate is pretty full, so it is not likely to be near-term, but is still on our radar. Given the fluctuation of the estimated time for your scenario, I'd guess that the speed of the transfer would also be fluctuating, but we'd have to dig into the best presentation and practices for that information.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jfkelley
          Enthusiast
          • Apr 2013

For what it's worth, I would find a display of calculated transfer speed very helpful. I have various drives connected by various means and it's a nice indicator when something is starting to go wrong.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll certainly bump our notes on the subject with how much you could benefit from this. We're still pretty stocked for our currently scheduled projects, but we don't want to underestimate how useful this could be for you.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• tilu3303
              New User
              • Aug 2023

Having the bitrate of transfers displayed in the titlebar or something would be extremely valuable to me. I've loved using Beyond Compare for many years because of it's side-by-side comparison and the ability to filter what is shown. However, whenever I must do a large copy or move operation I always find myself aborting it as soon as the base folders are created and using TeraCopy for the actual copy process so I can monitor when rate may be of concern.

I imagine your plate is already quite full working on things such as verifying cloud syncs and whatnot. Thank you for building and maintaining such a useful product.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

That's fair, and I appreciate your understanding. I'll certainly add this scenario and concern to our notes on the subject. It is useful to get real world scenarios where the specific feature is useful.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Gigabits
                  New User
                  • Dec 2023

Here's another vote for displaying transfer rate. Definitely an important feature for me.

Comment

Working...