Folder Compare to copy data from location to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Compare to copy data from location to another

Hello, I'm new to Beyond Compare. I use "Folder Compare" to copy data from one location to another. After the copy has finished I use Windows Explorer to compare file and folder count. Can anyone tell me what options I need to select so they my folder and file count matches?
    Attached Files

Hello,

BC4, by default, does not copy Protected Operating System Files. You can include these in the Copy if you check to "Include hidden items in operation".

Or you can disable this filter in the Session menu -> Session Settings, Other Filters tab, and uncheck the "Exclude protecting operating system files" option.

Does this help get your file counts to be equal, by including these items?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

"Exclude protecting operating system files" was already unchecked. Where do I find "Include hidden items in operation?"

Comment

Hello,

When you perform a selection of folders and initiate a Copy, the Copy dialog pops up. It will preview the number of files about to be copied, and (if any are present) a checkbox to include currently hidden items in the selected folder. If the option is not present, then there aren't any currently hidden items in the selection.

Another way to see if any filters are currently set is to toggle the Suppress Filters button on the toolbar or View menu. Once suppressed, any filtered items will then appear in a Teal color. If enabled, do any teal items appear or does this increase the file count? If so, there are other, non-default filters currently set that are excluding some items.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Aaron, I can't say I've ever seen an option to inlude hidden files. I'm seen a lot of documents listed in teal when I toggle the Suppress Filters button on. I'm seeing the same teal files listed on both the left and right sides. Suggestion?

Comment

Hello,

Set the Display Filter to Show All (View menu), and in the Session menu -> Session Settings, Name Filters tab: Clear filters, and in the Other Filters tab delete any existing filters. This would remove any set filters; were there any in place that are hiding some files?
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

No, there were no filters in place.
              Attached Files

Comment

And with Show All enabled? Were there still any Teal files? At that point BC4 should be showing everything. What are the file count differences? Is BC4 showing more items (since Explorer might be hiding some)?
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                X