feature request - S3 server-side encryption support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feature request - S3 server-side encryption support

First, let me say that Beyond Compare is great, I love it and have been using it for 10 years, and recommending all my friends buy it.

I particularly love it for the folder sync, and support for FTP, S3 etc. I was wondering -- is there any plan in the roadmap to support S3's server-side encryption? Some S3 buckets can be defined with a policy requiring SSE, which gives "Access Denied" to any file upload that does not have the appropriate encryption parameter defined.

Other FTP clients that support S3 (such as CyberDuck) allow connection-level SSE settings, which do work with this policy. But I'd rather use BC for this, it really does the job best.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. We do not currently support S3's server side encryption, but it's something we can look into. I'll open a tracker entry to investigate.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

great, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Thanks for the detailed feedback. We do not currently support S3's server side encryption, but it's something we can look into. I'll open a tracker entry to investigate.
        I would also greatly benefit from SSE support. It should not be difficult to implement for the basic AES256 option. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X