• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickaelperrin
    Visitor
    • May 2016

More control over syntax coloring ?

Hi,

I am currently struggling around various diff tools on Mac OS.

I really love the speed and functionnality of Beyond Compare. However, I find it really confusing when dealing with readability of text.

I play a lot with Colors and Fonts and finally realize that the problem is mainly due to the lack of some basic options in syntax coloring.

So, do you plan some improvents over this in future release ?

Mainly, I would love that basic options like :
    - text color
    - margin
    - blank spaces
    - active element
    - selection

could be defined by context defined in comparison / fusion:

- major difference
    - minor difference
    - replacement
    - orphelin
    - left change
    - right change
    - conflict
    - output...

Thanks
    Last edited by mickaelperrin; 05-May-2016, 10:42 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do have a lot of these options in the Preferences dialog, Colors/Fonts, and you can use the File Views tab to configure the colors for various items such as Important or Unimportant Differences. If you have Grammars defined as part of the file format, all of these are found at the bottom of this list.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mickaelperrin
      Visitor
      • May 2016

Thanks for the answer, I think the way I format my post get you out of my question.

I saw and played a lot with all settings of beyond compare regarding syntax coloring.

But, my main issue is that basic options (text color, margin, blank spaces...) can't be set depending on the context (major diff, minor diff...). They are set globally and overwrite the settings set in the context.

For example, the active element remove all settings regarding word differences

It would be so cool to be able to define them for each context.

Hope it will come one day.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do have an option in the Options dialog -> Tweaks section: Show syntax highlighting on difference lines, which prevents the override of color. We don't have individual Important and Unimportant color options for each grammar type, but appreciate the feedback and suggestion.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...