Text Compare: "File Not Found" when Filepath copied from Excel cell - extra character

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmegowan
    Visitor
    • Apr 2016

Text Compare: "File Not Found" when Filepath copied from Excel cell - extra character

I have an excel spreadsheet which I paste relative paths, and then copy each full path, and paste that path into BeyondCompare 4's "Text Compare" file path (in either pane). Each time I do this, I get a "File Not Found". Turns out that the paste produces extra characters invisible to the eye (line break, perhaps). I never experienced this problem with BeyondCompare 3. Is there a setting I can turn off to have it ignore whatever is getting included at the end of the paste? I tried using Trim() in Excel on the cell but that doesn't make a difference.

\\TESTWEB01\WebSites\AgentWeb\test\something
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. The issue is indeed a trailing character that Excel is inserting. We'll investigate if we should trim this off or if the error message should be updated.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jmegowan
      Visitor
      • Apr 2016

Thanks for the reply. For the sake of my sanity at work, I hope you'll trim it off. Also, would you be able to update this in version 4, or would this only be for future versions (5+)?

Comment

Working...