Detecting 4 pixel difference in two 4k images

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detecting 4 pixel difference in two 4k images

Hello! I have two 4k images that have a difference in 4 pixels, and I have to locate this difference. I am struggling at getting beyond compare to highlight the area to the extent that it is visible. Any way that I can make it highlight an area larger than that which is different? or an alternative method to deduce the location of the difference in these two images? Thanks!

-Fanker

Hello,

We do not have a method to automatically detect and zoom to a small set of different pixels. Our Tolerance mode, set to zero tolerance, would make these pixels red, and the bottom status bar would show that a difference is detected. You would then need to use our Zoom controls to navigate to the differences. Enhancing this is something we can consider, but the current toolset would have trouble navigating to this small of a change. If you need a pixel count, you could use the Session menu -> Picture Compare Report, Layout Summary.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I should add: we have a Full Screen mode in the View menu which might help. If you enable Full screen, you can then use the buttons in the upper left to control which picture is shown, and this could give you a much larger area to work with to find your different pixels in the output.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Fanker453 View Post
        or an alternative method to deduce the location of the difference in these two images? Thanks!

-Fanker
        If You compare the two files with Hex Compare, maybe You get enough information about the positions of those pixels?
        I know, the file can me compressed, different format have different meanings, and so on, mine is just a generic idea.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Working...
        X