Comparing Directories when directory structure above is not the same

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Correct, however Align With only works with items on the same folder structure level. If the items that need alignment are at different subdirectory levels, then Compare in New Tab or Select as Base Folders would be necessary.

Leave a comment:

• GregM
    replied
    There is also an "Align With" function in the context menu that you can use to override directory alignment.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

You can select any two folders within a Folder Compare to set as the new base folders or open in a New Tab. The structure itself is always important to the comparison in 3 out of our 4 views. The 4th view mode is Ignore Folder Structure, which removes all folders and places all files in a single bucket and aligned by file name. This would mean any file in any subfolder could align to another, however, which is a different type of comparison than subfolder by subfolder alignment.

Leave a comment:

• Comparing Directories when directory structure above is not the same

I have a situation where I want to compare directories however the directory structure above the directory is not the same. The only way I can do this is to open a session specifying the specific directory I want to compare. It seems to me I should be able to specify a higher level directory, then navigate down to the ones I wish to compare. Is there a way to do this? If it was only the one directory it would not matter, however I have several that I need to do this with, and it would be much faster if I could navigate to them rather that opening a new session for each one and walking all the way through selecting the directories.
Working...