Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to compare a list of hash in a text file to actual files on the drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to compare a list of hash in a text file to actual files on the drive?

Hello there!

would it be possible to compare a list of hashes in a text file to the actual files on the drive?

i have a text file where i put all the hashes of files, and when i download something/copy files from another computer, i want to compare it to the list to be sure i don't have a duplicate.

would this be possible in beyond compare?

Thank you!

No, this is currently outside of our current feature list. We do not have the capability to scan a text file for hash values and then compare against a real folder.

Some related functionality we do have, in case it is helpful: BC4 has an internal Snapshot feature (Tools menu) which can create a virtual file containing your folder structure and CRC values, which could be compared against the real files at a later time.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you Aaron for your swift reply. Pretty please could you make it a feature? i need a reverse snapshot feature, i don't yet have the actual files to compare against but i do have its hash values.

Comment

I'll add your notes to our Wishlist entry on the subject. Unfortunately, it's not likely a project we'll be able to tackle soon, so in your current situation I'd recommend looking for an app dedicated to parsing a hash value and comparing against the directory.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X