X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanSwitzer2
    Journeyman
    • Aug 2008

Feature Req: Add next/Previous line difference to BC4

Any chance we can get a toolbar button and/or keyboard shortcuts that would jump the next/prev line difference? The problem with the next section keyboard shortcut is it only takes you to the first line, but if there are consecutive line changes, it takes you to the next section. However, I want to quickly jump to the next line of changes. Right now, I've got to look to see if there are multiple lines, instead of just being able to focus on the "Text Details" view.

If I could just jump to the next line, then I could just focus on the "Text Details" view for the changes.

Thanks!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We have a feature which should help out in this scenario.
    In the Tools menu -> File Formats, you can customize the format for your files, in the Misc tab: Lines are independent.

This makes each line it's own section, and the Next Difference Section toolbar and command will hop to each line. You will need to edit each format you wish to treat this way, as well as the Everything Else (text) if needed. You could also create a copy/clone of an existing format, and switch to that format when you want to navigate this way.

We also have a Next Difference command which can customize a hotkey (Ctrl+Shift+N), but no toolbar. This will navigate to the next different text, either on the same line or the next line.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...