Lookaround in regex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookaround in regex

I would like to have lookbehind/lookahead in the regex used in grammars, since there are a lot of things that just impossible to do without it.

Thanks. Enhancing this support is on our Customer Wishlist. If you have any examples you would like to post, we can add those to our entry on this subject.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

For example, I have a file that looks like this:
      name("strings","and","numbers",1234) = "data"

Without compromising the string/numeric/punctuation formatting in the middle, I would like to have the last subscript to be unimportant if the name at the beginning is a specific value. I would also like the data to be unimportant if the last subscript has a specific value.

Currently I can make a regex that does this, but it cannibalizes the rest of the syntax highlighting since I have to consume all of the text that enabled the condition.

Comment

I would also like to add my voice to this request.

I want to use a simple regex such as [a-zA-Z]+(?=\([^)]*\)) to set up a grammar rule for method/function names, without consuming the content within the parenthesis. Since lookahead is apparently not supported, I am forced to consume the arguments with my Method grammar rule, which is not preferable.

Any suggestions for alternate regex would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X