X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alphasports
    New User
    • Oct 2015

Local to FTP auto-refresh?

I'm a relatively new BC4 user, absolutely loving this program after several years of erratic and unreliable Goodsync use.

I need to set up a kind of remote mirroring via FTP, i.e. a dozen or so local XML files get randomly overwritten every few seconds and need to get immediately uploaded to an FTP site upon detection of a change. I have BC4 setup with the local and remote folders all working fine except I have to manually hit the Refresh button to execute the upload. Any way to automate this?

Thanks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We can automatically refresh the interface, but don't have a method to automate the copy/sync while using the graphical interface.

If you setup a Folder Compare session, this can be loaded in BC Scripting, which can be triggered from the command line and setup as a Windows Scheduled Task.

Assuming you are using a Sync Update Left->Right, a sample bcscript.txt could be:
    load "savedFolderCompareSession"
    sync update:left->right

Which is executed with the command line: bcompare.exe "@c:\bcscript.txt"

Note, this is a saved Folder Compare, not Folder Sync, session. Otherwise, you can load folders and criteria directly. Here is an example that uses timestamp/binary instead of timestamp/size:
    criteria timestamp:2sec binary
    load "c:\folder1" "c:\folder2"
    sync update:left->right

Scripting documentation can be found in the Help file -> Using Beyond Compare -> Scripting, or the Help file -> Scripting Reference chapter.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...