Mass update of paths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass update of paths

We recently moved some applications over to a new server, and now several of my folder compare paths are invalid. Is there a way to mass update these invalid paths?

Hello,

Editing multiple sessions at once is not supported in the graphical interface, but you could edit our BCSessions.xml directly. I suggest backing up our file first: use the Help menu -> Support dialog; Explore Settings folder link, and create a copy of BCSessions.xml. Then open and edit the paths with a Find/Replace, assuming it is a common change.

How does this work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Perfect, that's just what I was looking for. I did back up the xml files as suggested, but for the benefit of others who might need to do this, I thought I'd post the path where I found the live files:

%HomePath%\AppData\Roaming\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 4

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Thanks. Yes, the two locations are normally in AppData for a Normal install, or in the same directory if it is a Portable Install.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Just FYI, %AppData% expands out to the equivalent of %HomePath%\AppData\Roaming, so "%AppData%\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 4" works too.
          ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by ZoŽ View Post
            Just FYI, %AppData% expands out to the equivalent of %HomePath%\AppData\Roaming, so "%AppData%\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 4" works too.
            Good catch. I found that as well about 5 minutes after my last post

Comment

Working...
            X