choosing specific rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choosing specific rules

Cant seem to figure this out -- any help would be appreciated.

I need to set compare rules for comparing files generated by a tool (in this case valgrind), which include some regexes for unimportant differences.

The files are named in the format valgrind-xxxx.out, where xxxx is the pid of the program.

How can I set the proper rules to be selected automatically, and/or force a particular set of rules to be used for a comparison?

Thanks!

P.S. This is for the GUI version, so /rules= param does not apply...

Hello,

Which File Format would you need to select based on the PID? Is there a specific subset of Formats (for example, Formats 1 through 5) that you need to arbitrarily pick? Or would a specific format be used for a specific PID?

We do not have a command line parameter to pass in a format, but you could define the file mask of the File Format to match on *-xxxx.out, where xxxx is the PID of the matching file.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I have no idea what you mean about picking a file format. I tried adding a file format to cover this situation, but cannot see how to do that.

thanks...

Comment

Hello,

Adding a file format is done in the Tools menu -> File Formats dialog, click the + to add a new Text format, and edit the file mask to be:
        *-xxxx.out

where xxxx is the PID
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I'm on Mac -- there is no Tools/File Formats menu ...

Did find it in BeyondCompare menu however -- thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X