Folder Sync - exclude folders, and save old versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Sync - exclude folders, and save old versions

I plan to use Beyond Compare to backup my projects from internal to an external HD.
    When doing folder sync, is there an option to exclude certain folders? I don't need to sync some program temp files to external HD. Also, it would be nice to have to option to save 2 versions back to another folder in case I need them back.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hello,

Yes, you can right click a folder and select Exclude to auto-generate it's Exclude Name Filter. You can also type filters directly into the Filters toolbar once you are familiar with the syntax, or in the Session menu -> Session Settings, Name Filters tab. Our Help file also helps document the syntax.

We don't have the ability to back up 2 versions back, but you could manually Copy To Folder a selection to create a manual back up of a specific set of files if you are in the Folder Compare session type. This would be a two step process in a Folder Compare: backup the destination, then sync/overwrite them.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. It helps.
      I can't seem to sync from server to HD. It does not recognize the server (e.g. \\server\folder\folder). How can I get it to mirror folders on server to my local HD?
      Also on the log, it's rather generic (xyz files in xyz seconds); where can I access a log that shows the filenames and strucutre of updated files?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X