Amazon S3 Profile Bucket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon S3 Profile Bucket

How/where do you specify the bucket for an Amazon S3 profile?

Both the 'Profiles' and the 'Browser Using Profile' dialogs appear to ask for the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key and a Description only. I cannot see how the bucket is specified, nor could I find any reference to it in the help.

I have a valid IAM credentials - that I've created for the Beyond Compare application - and a bucket. I've tested them - using a Node.js harness - and they are fine. However, I cannot see how I can specify the bucket (either by name or by URI - like 'https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/archive.cartant.com/').

Any help would be appreciated, as this is the feature for which I upgraded from version 3 to version 4.

Hello,

The syntax we currently support is:
    profilerofile name?bucket

We'll look into adding this to the saved initial Profile settings, as well.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Your answer shows here (in Firefox) only a smiley with a stuck out tongue between 'profile' and 'rofile'. Could you perhaps translate that sentiment into English? Or at least into something that would help me reach my bucket!

Comment

"profile:" then the name of the profile then "?" then the path or bucket name. For example:

profile:AmazonS3?bucket123

or

profile:My FTP Sites/Scooter?/usr/bin

It's the same syntax we use for all of the profile types, including FTP, though you generally won't see it, and FTP sites have the ftp:// syntax to fall back on. It's intended that you use the "Browse" to find the actual location after loading the root, though I think the confusion here does demonstrate that there are cases where we need to make it more obvious.
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks. I managed to solve the problem. It was a permission issue with the browser, as the IAM user I'd created wasn't allowed the 's3:ListAllMyBuckets' action. It now works perfectly.

Comment

Beyond Compare 4.2 beta now allows you to specify a bucket in an Amazon S3 profile.

Beta page: http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=beta42
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Hello BC,
              I cannot, for the life of me, get my Amazon S3 profile setup. Mind you, I am not actually going to Amazon S3 site but to storage that is S3 capable. I can get to my bucket on object storage via Cyberduck, but am not sure how the storage URL, port, access key id, password should be configured in BC 4. The replies above just confuse me more.

Comment

Hello,

BC4's Amazon S3 support is limited to Amazon itself, but adding support for Amazon-compatible hosts is something I can add to our Customer Wishlist.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                X