Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks. It looks like the difference in RefID=6 is what is 'pushing' that text down in order to align that equal text. In WinMerge, is it not pushing to align equal RefIDs? Or is it reordering your nodes?

The Session Settings, Alignment settings can be tweaked to help. Do either of the alternate algorithms help?

Are your nodes out of order? We have additional file format downloads which can sort your XML.

Leave a comment:

• jimm
    replied
    the screen shot you have requested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-15 14_23_19-diff_WCF_BigTest_1_result.xml_ - Text Compare - Beyond Compare.png
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	76338

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Which File Format is auto-detected and used in BC4?

The File Format would control which grammar elements are defined, which if different will show as a difference even if the text is the same. Other Formats will sort and rebuild the text nodes in the XML, if you've installed any extra formats.

A full screen screenshot of the BC4 comparison window would help show how or why differences are detected. For the red sections, what text is showing as red?

Leave a comment:

• jimm
    started a topic XML diff question

XML diff question

I have some XML documents where there are expected differences. In most of the diffs the files show the expected differences where they should be but in some of the files they show massive differences that just are not there. I have looked at the files in other diff programs and they are identical, save the expected difference(s). I hand checked these files and the large difference Beyond Compare is showing is just not there. I also looked at the files in hex to see if some odd char was introduced.

Background on the files and where they came from, these files are generated by a testing harness and were generated by the exact same bit of code, only difference is one is pointed at develpoment the other at alpha, which is why we have the expected differences as the ids are not synced across the environments.

This demonstrates the problem:
    Beyond compare:

Name:	2015-04-15 11_49_38-diff_WCF_BigTest_1_result.xml - Text Compare - Beyond Compare.png
Size:	583 Bytes
ID:	76863

WinMerge:

Name:	2015-04-15 11_51_30-WinMerge - [diff_WCF_BigTest_1_result.xml - diff_WCF_BigTest_1_result.xml].png
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	76864

These are the same files being diffed by 2 different programs. WinMerge is correct, Beyond Compare is giving false Diffs...

Thanks and Regards,
    jimm
Working...
X