BC4 occassionally freezes during "Copy to folder..." operation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy
    replied
    I can't disable the anti-virus on this laptop. I'll try to run a few tests - repeating the same fileset multiple times on a network and then again locally to see if I can get any additional information.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for that confirmation. That's a pretty routine zip size.
    Do you have any anti-virus you could temporarily disable to see if we are running into a conflict with any scanning software? Does the problem occur often enough that you could reliably reproduce it if you tried the same sample set of files a dozen times or so?

Leave a comment:

• Indy
    replied
    In my workflow the zip file is always new (being created) and is always located on my laptop. The files being zipped are usually on a network server but the last instance of the freeze (today) all files involved where local to my laptop.

After all of the freezes I have been able to go back and run it successfully with the same file set.

The number of files involved is pretty small - 10 to 40 files is typical, probably never over a 100 files. The files are all text and are also relatively small - typically just a few KB each.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Does this issue reproduce if you attempt the zip of the same file set? The zip did not exist and is being created during this step, correct? Where is the target of the .zip? If it were a network device or something similar, there may be other errors occurring that are causing this issue.

How many files are you zipping, and how large would the total size of the selection be?

Leave a comment:

• BC4 occassionally freezes during "Copy to folder..." operation

Using BC4 on Windows 7 - Version 4.0.7 (build 19761).

I utilize the "Copy to folder..." function to regularly create a backup zip files of changed files. The steps I use are:
    - manually select all files/folders on one side of a folder comparison window
    - right click and select "Copy to folder..."
    - specify the zip file name

About 10% of the time I do this BC4 freezes - it does not respond to input, the title gets the '(Not responding)' tag and the window eventually 'grays out'. It doesn't crash and I have to end the task manually.

When this happens I have seen both scenarios: the zip file is complete (and usable) and the zip file is not complete (it's there but has no files in it).

Let me know if you need any additional information.
Working...