Error when trying to import XML Tidy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when trying to import XML Tidy

Downloaded XML Tidy from http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...oreformats_alt

But when tried to import got an error message saying "Cannot create or replace HtmlTidy: Cannot find the specified path"

BC4 was installed in portable mode

Hello,

For a BC4 Portable install, if you download the XML Tidied format, then use the Tools menu -> Import dialog. This should import the format and install files into a subfolder Helpers\ in the Portable Install. Does this folder/location exist and have the helper HTMLTidy files? These files need to be in the correct location, which is defined in the File Formats dialog, select the specific format, and in the Conversion tab.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the reply.

Here's my observation, there's no subfolder Helpers in a freshly installed BC4 (portable mode). When I import XML Tidy, I expected the import routine to create and setup whatever's necessary for it to be usable without needing any manual tweaking from me.

So I suspect the error arise from the import routine that assume Helpers folder to already exist at the time

Comment

Hello,

Which the Import tool should do. Are you using the Tools menu -> Import dialog for the Import process? One thing that sometimes happens is with multiple installations (portable, regular, etc), that the format is imported into the wrong install accidentally. After deleting the current format in the Tools menu -> File Formats dialog and re-importing using the Import dialog, is the format imported but the folder structure not created? Where is the Portable Install located on your harddrive? If it is in a place like Program Files\, it shouldn't be in this location (normally disallowed by our Setup.exe creating the Portable Install) and that would cause trouble.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Yes. Was using the Import dialog.

I didn't delete the current format before re-importing though. After I discovered .bcpkg is basically a zip file, I manually place the files and edit the bat file. I needed it urgently at the time

I installed BC4 into c:\bc4 on my XP.

Comment

True, the bcpkg is a renamed .zip, and all the files within are .xml or part of the conversion program, so they are easy to review if needed. You were able to get it up and running with a manual extraction? If there are any problems still, please let us know.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X