Resize/hide right panel in main page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resize/hide right panel in main page

Is there anyway to re-size the right hand panel in the main UI?, i.e. the section with "Folder Compare", "Folder Merge", etc. on it that you can click on to create a new session ...

To be honest, I'd like completely hide it and just have the Sessions panel and a wide Session Management panel

Cheers,
    SteveC.

Hello,

Those buttons are in a dynamic area. You can drag the entire BC4 window to be smaller, or:
    Select a session and hit the Edit button to open Session Management, then Pin it so it stays open.
    Then grab the slider between the Sessions list and Edit area, and drag to make the list wider until the buttons on the right disappear.

How does this work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Sorry, not an answer for me

Aaron,

thanks for the response ... don't think it's an answer for me

I have the Session Management panel pinned, so when I open BC, I get three panels ... left is the list of my sessions, middle is the session management, and the right is the dynamic area with Folder Compare, etc.

I can resize the left panel, and if I expand it enough, the right panel disappears

But I can't resize the middle panel, which is the one I'd like to increase in size, so I can see, e.g. long file paths

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

Those buttons are in a dynamic area. You can drag the entire BC4 window to be smaller, or:
      Select a session and hit the Edit button to open Session Management, then Pin it so it stays open.
      Then grab the slider between the Sessions list and Edit area, and drag to make the list wider until the buttons on the right disappear.

How does this work for you?

Comment

Thanks. The center panel is fixed size. We may be able to make it customizable, but for now if you want to hide the right New buttons, you would need to expand the Sessions/Left list.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Customizable would be great

Aaron,

yeah, I suspected the Session Management was a fixed size ... it would be really good if it was sizeable like the Sessions

Thanks. The center panel is fixed size. We may be able to make it customizable, but for now if you want to hide the right New buttons, you would need to expand the Sessions/Left list.

Comment

For me, this is the one really irritating change from BC2 and BC3. I have no need whatsoever of the drag/drop area, and although I can make all the icons disappear onto its other page, I can't make the area go away completely and share the whole window between the other two panes as I wish.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. BC2's "Open" dialog was resizable, but was also just one pane. If you stretch the center divider of BC4 (between the Sessions list and the Edit section), you are able to make the drag/drop area disappear entirely; we just don't support making the Edit section wider at this time.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Beyond Compare 4.1 beta supports resize of the session editing panel in the Home screen.

Beta download page: http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta
                Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
                X