Refreshing alignment but not files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refreshing alignment but not files

I'm in the middle of a merge process and Beyond Compare has mistaken some of the closing curly braces. As an effect, it didn't match large areas of equal lines. I manually aligned the closing brace in the left, middle, and right window, but that didn't improve the situation for the remaining lines. It shows the exact identical lines unaligned, first in the middle, below that in the right window.

When pressing the F5 or Ctrl+F5 hotkey, I must confirm that all my changes are lost. After confirming that, all files are reloaded, but my manual alignments are lost, too. So that does not lead anywhere.

I'm looking for a method to force BC to redo its aligning of similar/identical lines after giving it a hint through manual alignment. I'm wondering why it ignored so many identical lines in the first place. But as that happens repeatedly, I need a way to manually correct it without aligning every single line manually.

What should I do?

Hello,

I would suggest first attempting to alter our Alignment settings in the Session menu -> Session Settings, Alignment tab. Different combinations of settings may help automatically align better.

Re-alignment triggers a refresh, but it may help to select multiple lines on one side, Align, and then drag select multiple lines on the other side.

BC4 also has a new Alignment setting that uses the Patience algorithm, which may help specifically for brackets. You can install the BC4 trial without removing or altering BC3 if you would like to try this method.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X