• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannytwong
    New User
    • Dec 2014

Webpages comparison

Hello all,

I am a new user of this comparison tool.

I am wondering if there is a way to compare two webpages?
    For example, I have a web page on I.E 9 and the other web page on I.E 10; I would like to compare the differences if any. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Danny
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

You can compare the HTML source of two webpages by loading the files using FTP, FTPS, SFTP, or HTTP.

Beyond Compare doesn't provide a way to compare rendered HTML from web browsers. As a workaround, you can save screenshots of the pages in each web browser, then open the screenshots in Beyond Compare's Picture Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• smithe06
      Journeyman
      • May 2014

Actually, there sort of is.

You will need to use a site ripper to download the entire site and all it's associated files, then do the same with the older (or newer) version of the entire site (i.e. restore from backup).

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Right,

Beyond Compare can compare the HTML files as code, and various other website files, using different viewers or file formats. Chris' comment is related to our View as Webpage option, which can show how the HTML file would look in a web browser, but this view does not support highlighting differences. It's a preview pane to see how it is rendered, but the comparison still requires looking at the HTML file as text in the Text Compare.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...