Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to change font size for only line-diff at bottom of text compare page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to change font size for only line-diff at bottom of text compare page?

Some of my text files have long lines so I want to decrese the font size but only for the current line diff at the bottom of the text diff panel is that possible?

Thanks Jens

Hello,

The Text Details line does not have a separate font setting, but you can customize either the Default text, Current line, or Selection to have different coloring. The Compare Colors can also have a different style associated with them. Do any of these settings help differentiate the text you are reviewing?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

No, I wanted to decrease the font of the Text Detail line so I can easierly see the whole line (when selected in normal text area), decreasing all text font size would be uncomfortable (harder to read) during normal use.
      My problem is that I have to scroll the text area for every long line to see if there are significant changes at the end of the line

An alternative could be if the left/right frame of Text Detail was red/blue when red/blue detail text was scrolled out of view
      (though I said alternative I would prefer to have both colored frame and smaller font)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We do not have separate font settings for Text Details, but can look into it. We do color the Text Details area based on the coloring for the line: red if there are any important differences, and blue if there only unimportant differences and Ignore Unimportant Differences is disabled.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I also have some long lines with differences. Could I suggest an (optional) horizontal marker line below the pair of lines, similar to the vertical marker display on the left which summarizes the differences in the whole file. You could also have keystrokes for next and previous (horizontal) difference on these long lines. Either one of these features would be a great improvement.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks. We do have a command for "Next Difference", which will horizontally jump through the line, or go to the next line if there are no more differences on the current line. The hotkey default is Ctrl+Shift+N.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X