18629 New tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18629 New tab

How to set BC4 New tab to show the same useful content as BC3s? I.e.

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img746/1130/yW8WPO.png

In BC4's Home view, select a session, then click "Edit" to display the session settings. Click the pin button on the top right of the session settings to keep them displayed.

Selecting "View > Show Session Management" will also keep session settings displayed.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      In BC4's Home view, select a session, then click "Edit" to display the session settings. Click the pin button on the top right of the session settings to keep them displayed.
      That's nothing like it.

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Selecting "View > Show Session Management" will also keep session settings displayed.
      Likewise.

Here it is again: http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img746/1130/yW8WPO.png

Comment

The BC4 Home View has all of the functionality of the BC3 one: A session treeview, buttons to launch the different comparison types, and a panel for editing the selected session. If you don't like the changes you'll need to be more specific than "That's nothing like it".
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
          The BC4 Home View has all of the functionality of the BC3 one: A session treeview, buttons to launch the different comparison types
          Now many hidden by default.

and a panel for editing the selected session.
          Only when I "Edit" a session manually. On BC3, the session settings showed automatically in the right panel which IIUC is gone from BC4.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjj View Post
            Now many hidden by default.
            Which is easy to customize. Beyond Compare's flexibility can be overwhelming for new users, so we're always trying to find a balance between them and our power users.

Originally posted by chrisjj View Post
            Only when I "Edit" a session manually. On BC3, the session settings showed automatically in the right panel which IIUC is gone from BC4.
            When you're editing the session there's a pin button on the top-right corner of that panel. If you click it the editing panel will stay open.
            ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Beyond Compare's flexibility can be overwhelming for new users, so we're always trying to find a balance between them and our power users.
              I thought simple/expert mode covered that.

When you're editing the session there's a pin button on the top-right corner of that panel. If you click it the editing panel will stay open.
              Ah, now I see. I'd read your previous explanation as literally referring to the settings rather than the panel.

I'm OK now. Thanks.

But if you're taking votes on the right-side menu, mine is No. Simultaneously offering the same commands in two menus of different designs in different subsets is IMHO backward design.

If not, then I would like an option to turn off the right-side menu. I never want to see it. Window resize will do - if the current cropping of the left panel was remedied.

Comment

Working...
              X