Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suppress Filter only suppress File Filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppress Filter only suppress File Filter?

Can you do this now? If not, I'd really like to see this option. I filter many files and occasionally would like to see the ones I've filtered, but when I suppress filters it does file and display filters. I'd like to still have display filters applied.

For example, I have a folder of source code and a bunch of images. Normally, I only care about the source so filter images out. But how can I easily see images that have changed? If I suppress filters I see *all* the images and 99% may be identical, but I have to wade through them to see the ones that are different.

Turning off file/folder filters and keeping display filters on would be the ticket.

Otherwise the BC4 beta has been working great.

Hello,

The Suppress Filters button, as you note, does suppress everything. For a quick File Name filtering toggle, you can use the MRU in the toolbar to toggle between your last used file name filter (for example, *.txt) to the default *.*, then back.

We also support adding strings to the list in the Options dialog for a global named entry to the Filters toolbar dropdown.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

That kinda works, but my filters are usually quite complex, and using the MRU it's difficult to see or know what my previous filter was. I just tried that and ended up having to just close the session and start again.

Any chance of getting a toggle just for file filters? The currently one is not useful for me.

Comment

Hello Jim,

The MRU list is split into two sections: the global section with text prefix tags, a separator, and the topmost of the MRU would be the last used. Even if the beginning part of the text is similar, if you pick the topmost below the separator, that would be the one you want. On OSX, the dropdown does not display all of this information yet, but we're working on it.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

MRU is a workaround, but I do submit a vote for the toggle. Thanks.

Comment

I've been trying the work around and it's not very convenient. When I use filters below the lines, it pushes my last one down in the MRU list. If you have many similar filters, it can be difficult to get back to where you were. To real workaround is to close and re-open the session, which is pretty clunky.

Comment

Thanks for trying that out for a few days and analyzing/providing feedback. I'll add these notes to our wishlist entry.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X