X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcuseby
    Journeyman
    • Feb 2012

rename profiles

Just wondering when this feature will be added as this is a no-brainer.

I've been using BC since 1 and am a huge fan and recently upgraded to 4 as it has SFTP.

All of my sites are on different systems, some google, some amazon ec2, some s3, some cloudfront, some godaddy, etc. Many of these sites use SSH/SFTP access via ip address and not by domain name. It would be SO NICE, if an alias could be created for FTP profiles, as many people I would assume have different accounts and would want to name them whatever they choose. (just curious as to why this wasn't implemented earlier, I see threads going back to 2010)

Thanks guys.

Keep up the great work.

Marcus
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello Marcus,

The current version of the BC4 beta does support renaming any Profile, including the FTP, SFTP, WebDav, etc. In the Tools menu -> Profiles dialog, you can right click and rename any profile on the left.

You can then select the new name in the Folder Compare using the Browse button, or typing in profile:Profile name
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• marcuseby
      Journeyman
      • Feb 2012

That is so wierd then.
      Because everytime I go to rename one of my AWS profiles, from [email protected] to another name, that connection no longer works.

Marcus

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Ah, the rename would break any sessions that previously had the old name. You would need to re-browse and re-setup any past sessions. Once customized, any new sessions would just use the new name.

Preserving the link is something we are working on. The current session simply remembers and saves the profile name (which, no longer exists).

But this could be compared to BC3 which supported no custom names in the FTP Profiles, and required the "ftp://user@ip/" syntax (which, we still support in BC4 as well).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• marcuseby
          Journeyman
          • Feb 2012

That was it, that was the ticket!!!!

Thanks your a genius, I changed the name, restarted BC4, and voila. It works.
          Had to rebuild my sessions, but thanks again. That was great.

Marcus

Comment

Working...