Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishlist: parse .gitingore files

I have a wishlist suggestion.

It would be nice, if when comparing directories that are part of a git checkout, you could ask Beyond Compare to to parse a .gitignore file and add what it finds to the filename filters.

The user interface could be as a right click context menu item on .gitignore files, and a button in the filters dialog that will cause BC4 to search up the tree for .gitignore files, and apply them.

Likewise other source control systems.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. Incorporating these types of ignore files from version control (and specifically gitignore) is on our wishlist. It's definitely something we'd like to tackle, and I'll add your notes to our entry on the subject.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

More than 9 years has passed
      Do you have this scheduled anytime soon?

Comment

Sorry, this is logged as a feature request, but not scheduled for development. Our feature request list is quite large, so we don't have resources to implement all requested features. We do log each time a feature is requested and use that to help prioritize future development.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I just simply copy the .gitignore file contents to the BC Filters Exclude Files box.

Comment

Working...
          X