Congrats and a profile naming request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats and a profile naming request

For starters, I had no idea that BC4 was even a concept until I came here yesterday to upgrade my standard license to pro. Iíd really suggest doing a mailing to anyone that has purchased a license over the years so that they might realize that this brilliant new version is available.

Iíve long requested a tree structure into which FTP profiles could be stored, just so that I could compress the (couple hundred +) profiles that I maintain in BC. The new panel that allows us to quickly scroll down to the named profile is really a time saver. I still have a huge long list of stored profiles, but this is a HUGE step up from v3. I am terribly pleased.

In BC3, the program automatically established a name for each profile Ė it was simply the ďuser@ftp hostĒ. In BC4, the program defaults the name to ďNew FTP ProfileĒ when such a new profile is added. Having to then manually edit the name of the profile in a manner consistent with the names assigned by BC3 requires a conscious effort to remember to do that.

Silly me, I just spent 10 minutes looking for the new profile I had just created, not realizing that it had that default name. Is there any practical means by which you can cause the profile to adopt the old naming convention if we save it and donít otherwise override the default?

There isn't any support for better default names right now, but improving profile management and usability is something we're actively working on, and that is one of the things we'll tackle before the final release.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by greybeard View Post
      Iíve long requested a tree structure into which FTP profiles could be stored, just so that I could compress the (couple hundred +) profiles that I maintain in BC. The new panel that allows us to quickly scroll down to the named profile is really a time saver. I still have a huge long list of stored profiles, but this is a HUGE step up from v3. I am terribly pleased.
      In addition, we do have Folders in the Profile's list, too. Right click -> New -> Folder to organize your profiles into folders.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

OMG! Folders!!!! I'm psyched. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X