X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccmancio
    Old Hand
    • May 2005

First View

BC4 don't import toolbar for file compare complete (copy to folder and delete buttons don't show in bc4)
    I like that Filters in same line toolbar, wich bc3, its possible ?
    Initialization view is better.

BC4 File Compare don't import session setting correct. (In importance, to visual basic files, dont mark "comment" wich BC3, and mark "Number", not marked in BC3.

In Options-Startup don't import "Explorer Integration"
    In "Open with" don't have a "line separator" options ( I hope that show in BC4)
    I like that "Everthing else" in File Formats, but don't have a "line separaotor" too.
    In "File Formats" dont import BC3 definitions order.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We are changing some of the defaults for the toolbar buttons (and other options). As a general policy, if we alter a default in the program, which is very rare, we push that new default out to users. From a BC3 to BC4 import, any customizations would be preserved and imported, but the default buttons would get the new default behavior.
    If you right-click the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar, it should be fairly easy to add these two buttons (or any others) back in.

We currently do not support moving the name filters toolbar back up, but it is something we are looking into.

Could we get a screenshot of the exact location of the setting that did not import? A Saved Text Compare session, Importance tab should preserve it's checkboxes when imported. A Saved Text Compare, however, wouldn't explicitly be a visual basic file as checked or unchecked. Was this a File Format setting that wasn't preserved? Or a saved Text Compare session for a specific pair of files you had? Were the files using a customized file format that was or was not imported? If you can email us your BC3 Support.zip (to [email protected]) we can also try importing it and see how it is handled. If you email us, please include a link to this forum thread for our reference.

Explorer Integration is a little tricky right now, since the BC4 beta is using the same 'slot' as BC3. Changing the option between either program requires a reboot.

Which "line separator" option would you be referring to?

For imported order, were these for default formats? These would be unchecked during the import by default (and in red text). You would then need to check them explicitly to bring them in, which then should bring in the order, too.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ccmancio
      Old Hand
      • May 2005

I send email to you.
      Thanks

Comment

• ccmancio
        Old Hand
        • May 2005

I receive following message to send mail :
        <[email protected]>: host mail.scootersoftware.com[96.61.63.92] said:
        554 Sorry, message looks like spam or phish to me (OP) (in reply to end of
        DATA command)

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

With a BCSupport.zip as your only attachment? Can you email us without an attachment?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ccmancio
            Old Hand
            • May 2005

First View

We are changing some of the defaults for the toolbar buttons (and other options). As a general policy, if we alter a default in the program, which is very rare, we push that new default out to users. From a BC3 to BC4 import, any customizations would be preserved and imported, but the default buttons would get the new default behavior.
            If you right-click the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar, it should be fairly easy to add these two buttons (or any others) back in.

Ok, I make this, change to BC3, but I remember that toogles not set wich BC3.

We currently do not support moving the name filters toolbar back up, but it is something we are looking into.
            I hope that you make this, because i lost 2 lines of compare files in new toolbar filter BC4.

Could we get a screenshot of the exact location of the setting that did not import? A Saved Text Compare session, Importance tab should preserve it's checkboxes when imported. A Saved Text Compare, however, wouldn't explicitly be a visual basic file as checked or unchecked. Was this a File Format setting that wasn't preserved? Or a saved Text Compare session for a specific pair of files you had? Were the files using a customized file format that was or was not imported? If you can email us your BC3 Support.zip (to [email protected]) we can also try importing it and see how it is handled. If you email us, please include a link to this forum thread for our reference.

I send email with support.zip
            Explorer Integration is a little tricky right now, since the BC4 beta is using the same 'slot' as BC3. Changing the option between either program requires a reboot.
            It’s ok, I find this in forum and already change

Which "line separator" option would you be referring to?
            see attached file (OpenWith-separator.jpg)

For imported order, were these for default formats? These would be unchecked during the import by default (and in red text). You would then need to check them explicitly to bring them in, which then should bring in the order, too.
            OK, but is not good !!!

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hello,

Your email was being flagged as spam before, but we've whitelisted it. Please try once more: sending one email without an attachment, then one with.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hello,

We got your email. Thanks. I see what you did to create separators, but BC4 does not include any extra options to customize those.

For the Import wizard, if the format already exists the wizard does not automatically select your import to overwrite it. This is currently true for the initial import, too.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...